Sunday 15 January 2012

Amazon Jungle

I was SOOOOOO excited to go the jungle!!

It really lived up to my expectations. We took a boat from the airport down the Madre de Dios river to get to our Eco Lodge. It was beautiful. In the middle of the jungle, next to the river a group of wooden huts for us to stay in.

The noise, the humidity, the lush green. It was all there IN REAL LIFE. The three days we spent there we saw monkeys on Monkey Island, went trekking through the jungle (TWICE!) paddled down a river and saw lots of birds, animals, tarantulas and caimans. WOW. Speechless.

It seems like a dream now I´m back in Cusco for the night, typing this in an internet cafe. BUT I do have more than forty mosquito bites. All of which are on my legs between my hips and calves. Nowhere else. This is because the mossies bit THROUGH my trousers! My thighs being more or less the only area not covered in DEET (which, I might add, burns like hell)

Ai ai ai, what a souvenir! (And possibly Malaria........ha!)

P.S. Don´t worry, Mum, I´m taking the Malaria tablets!

No comments:

Post a Comment